The Daily Texan is shifting its focus to digital! We are looking for a talented user experience designer who wants to lead the transformation of the DT’s online experience.
What you can expect
- A fast-paced, independent project: You’ll be working on creating wireframes and mockups for a new digital experience. This will include both low-fidelity wireframes and high-fidelity mockups, as well as some information architecture if you’re interested.
- An 8-week commitment: This is a short commitment (9/15 – 11/10) but if you’d like to stay longer, you are definitely welcome to.
- Flexible hours: You have complete control over when you work. Busy week? No problem.
- A collaborative experience with mentorship: Work directly with and learn from the web director and a UI Designer
- A finished product: Add those mockups and writeups to your portfolio when you’re done
- Bonus: You’ll be compensated for time and expertise
What we’re looking for
- You love good design but also think about technical specs
- You just feel when experiences are good, or bad. More than that, you can articulate why
- An online portfolio (or two-three previous work samples)
- Experience with creating wireframes and mockups
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Experience with Sketch
Apply here. We’ll get in touch with you soon!