The Daily Texan is shifting its focus to digital! We are looking for a talented visual designer who wants to lead the transformation of The Daily Texan’s digital brand and online presence.
What you can expect
- An awesome project: You will lead the complete look and feel of a Digital Style Guide
- An 8-week commitment: This is a short commitment (9/15 – 11/10) but if you’d like to stay longer, you are definitely welcome to.
- Flexible hours: You have complete control over when you work. Busy week? No problem.
- A collaborative experience with mentorship: Work directly with and learn from the web director and a UX Designer
- A finished product: Add a finished product to your portfolio at the end of the 8 weeks
- Bonus: You’ll be compensated for time and expertise
What we’re looking for
- Passion for good design
- An online portfolio (or two-three samples of previous design work)
- Solid work ethic
- That’s really it.
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Previous branding experience
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
Apply here. We’ll get in touch with you soon!